Guidelines for Children
- Always walk on the footpath only. On roads without footpath, walk on the extreme right hand side of the roads.
- Do not be impatient on the road. Do not rush or run on the road.
- Leave home well in time, so that you won't have to run to catch the bus.
- At the bus stand, always follow the queue. Board the bus only after it has come to a halt, without rushing in or pushing others.
- While in the bus, shouting or making a noise is definitely bad manners. Such behavior can also distract the driver.
Guidelines for Pedestrains
- Ride in a straight line for 10 meters.
- Stop suddenly without falling.
- Give signals with one hand while riding.
- Look back over your shoulders and take a right turn comfortably.
- The bicycle is easily noticeable. It should be painted yellow, orange or white.
- Reflectors are provided on spokes of wheels, on the pedals and on the front / rear mudguard.
- Both the brakes are working properly.
- The bell rings properly.
- The seat is so adjusted that your feet can touch the ground.
Guidelines for Bus Commuters
- Commuters should not distract the bus driver while the bus in motion. All queries and requests are to be directed to the bus driver prior to travel or at the end of the journey.
- Commuters should conduct themselves in a respectable and responsible manner at all times ensuring that their behaviour does not endanger the comfort and safety of their fellow passengers or the bus driver.
- The bus driver should not make any unscheduled stops in the course of travel.
- Commuters who breach these guidelines or who in the opinion of the bus driver have not acted in a responsible or respectable manner may be refused travel in the future.
- All commuters must hand over to the bus driver a valid pre-purchased ticket on entering the bus.
- Any commuter who does not hand over a valid pre-purchased ticket will be refused travel by the bus driver.
Guidelines for Car Drivers
- Always carry your driving license and important documents such as your vehicle registration certificate, insurance certificate, road tax and P.U.C certificate with you while driving.
- Don't Drink while Driving.
- Don't Drive under the influence of drugs.
- Obey all traffic signals, lights and signs.
- Use the indicator or hand signals when changing lanes.
- Adhere to permitted speed limits.
- Don't use your cell phone while driving. If you must, move to the left, halt and then make the call.